|£60m Lancashire social housing framework announced|
A consortium of Lancashire local authorities and housing associations have put a £60m housing improvement framework contract out to tender.
Elevate East Lancashire is inviting up to 20 contractors to bid for four different work packages.
Work on the four year contract will include:
* Facelifting works (stone cleaning and repointing, window repairs and door replacements);
* Group repair (re-roofing, loft insulation, chimney repair);
* Improvement for sale (bathroom and kitchen renewals, replacement of central heating and boilers); and
* Environmental improvement works (landscape, external lighting).
Contractors will be selected for work across four separate value bands:
* Band A - up to £250,000;
* Band B - £250,000 to £500,000;
* Band C - £500,000 plus; and
* Band D - £0 to £1 million plus;
Contractors have until the 23 October to express their interest.